Pathfinder Safe - Hurricane Harvey

Magnum

The Lord and St. Peter like Pathfinders..

My cover looked like a bounce house for 12 hours.. One small rip, but no leaves on the deck. Gates failed but boat unscathed.

IMG_1827.thumb.JPG.fdf10b6b6166471f44a3509ff901eb98.JPG

So blessed this time..

I hope all our members fared well, and get back to work soon. Then we can go boating to relax..  I surely need some Me-Time on the boat..

Woodsie

Magnum, so nice to see the boat is safe. I have a question about the garage doors. Did you have metal rollers on the door or plastic. I was going to switch to plastic a while back because they are very quiet and you never have to lube them, but the garage door guy said they would not hold up in a hurricane. Just curious about what failed.

Metal rollers.  It bent the front doors inward and back one out.  But these are not wind rated doors because I live inland.  We had 90 - 100 mph sustained winds here.  Harvey sat here and pounded us for hours as it was only moving about 5 mph.  I'm debating on adding supports to the new doors, but we haven't seen a storm like this since 1961.  In hinds sight, I should have braced the doors, but it transpired fairly quickly.  The prediction went from TS to CAT 3 Hurricane in 36 - 48 hours prior to landfall.  

20170827_180840.jpg

Archived