Difference between Maverick 18HPX and 18HPX-V (2009+)

Gatordebaitor

I used to own the old style and now own the 17v.. my buddy has a new 18v. The new design has more V and is a narrower boat, so it drives a whole lot better... Handles rough conditions better..  the older hull if you look at it is very wide and flat at the stern.. it handles moderate chop descent, but you can't get up on top and run like the other HPXs do... You have to tab down and slow down and use the bow... I would say they fish and pole equal once you get where you are going...

No... The 17s really haven't changed much over the years.. the only change is the new deck layout and it's nice, you can access all your stuff without getting up or moving the cushions...  It's also nice to have the cushions permanently mounted, it's one less thing to pull on and off at the ramp, or store when your traveling.. it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but if you fish and travel a lot , it is... I want to bolt everything to the boat I can on my next ride, the less I have to remove and put up the happier I'll be... And I've noticed all my gps glitches disappeared when I stopped unplugging it all the time...

Archived