Caribbean Club- Key Largo

SkinnyH2O

1 minute ago, Coto said:

You guys do awesome skeg replacements...love the one on my motor from a year ago:D

He just fixed mine....self inflected wound....when I was moving the boat for the hurricane....I was in a rush and forgot that the Lower Unit was in the "down" position...ouch..

But, Ralph's team is da -Best !!!!

Thank you Ralph - AIM comes through....

dc

I ran over from Key Largo (Caribbean Club) to Flamingo on Sunday.  Docks have been repaired and the "ramp" is the same--sand and broken concrete pad.  Water got progressively worse as we ran west to Flamingo.  It was the color of chocolate milk in most areas, with large mats of dead grass everywhere.  Many channel markers are down, leaning or missing altogether.  Some were floating just below the surface of the water.  I suspect that some of the dead grass mats had accumulated around debris of some nature.  Be careful!  After fishing most of the day, we ran back and the water was dark brown near Dump Key, improving as we ran east.  

On September 26, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Big Dave said:

I ran over from Key Largo (Caribbean Club) to Flamingo on Sunday.  Docks have been repaired and the "ramp" is the same--sand and broken concrete pad.  Water got progressively worse as we ran west to Flamingo.  It was the color of chocolate milk in most areas, with large mats of dead grass everywhere.  Many channel markers are down, leaning or missing altogether.  Some were floating just below the surface of the water.  I suspect that some of the dead grass mats had accumulated around debris of some nature.  Be careful!  After fishing most of the day, we ran back and the water was dark brown near Dump Key, improving as we ran east.  

My buddy Chris had a charter from Key Largo with a guide and they ran the north route.

He told me the bay has many new islands, the water was pure chocolate and murky....

Out with the guide all day with live bait - two sharks and a few snappers....

Most likely gonna be 2-4 months till it gets back to normal......Mother Nature still has a large toilet bowl she needs to Flush :(

dc

Archived