Trolling motor on board charger placement.

NickTravieso

Hey guys. Alright so I finally got me a pathy 2200 TRS and I'm pumped to get on the water. I just recently installed my 36v minnkota to the bow. I have my 2 cranking batteries in the stern starboard side under the cushions. I put my 3 troller batteries under the console. My question is this: where do you guys have your on board charger for the troller batteries mounted? I have a couple spots open but don't want to make the mistake of drilling thru the fiberglass and having screws sticking out the console. This may be a dumb question but any help would be awesome. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys!

I have mine on the floor under the console aft of the three battries. The First charger in my boat was mounted on a board on the side of The console .. with a water tank on the port side of the console and that JL audio amp on the other side I opted to mount mine to the floor.I can probably grab a couple of picks tomorrow 

8 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I have mine on the floor under the console aft of the three battries. The First charger in my boat was mounted on a board on the side of The console .. with a water tank on the port side of the console and that JL audio amp on the other side I opted to mount mine to the floor.I can probably grab a couple of picks tomorrow 

Thanks for the reply. Now I do have space on the floor also but was worried about water getting in there and over time burning out the charger. I know they're suppose to be water proof and whatnot, but have you had any issues with it on the floor? Is yours drilled directly into the bottom or do you have it on a block?

On 9/22/2017 at 1:42 PM, NickTravieso said:

Thanks! Are you able to remove that ply when needed? Or does it always stay screwed into the back side of the cushion?

My ply stays put inside the console.  Only thing visible on the outside are the screwheads behind the cushion.

It's thick enough to allow screw mounting of the charger without touching the fiberglass.

3 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Jokingly  this is a boating forum. What happened to port and starboard???  Problem in world is too much left right. Life is simple  port starboard.

I agree.  I also think the proper terminology for speed should be in knots, not miles per hour.  Life is simple at 30 knots.......:D

Archived