8" speakers in console?

HewesYourDaddy

9 hours ago, BradM said:

Subs or mids/highs? I have 2 - 7.7's in my console and a 10" sub too. Dynamat is a must around the speakers, on the inside of the console. I absolutely hated how mine sounded until I put $25 worth of Dynamat in there. 

BradM,

I don’t mean to highjack this topic, but......

Any chance for a pic or description of how you placed the dynamat? Just around the speaker backs, or the entire console interior where practical? Big difference?

This is a great idea!

15 hours ago, FROZEN said:

BradM,

I don’t mean to highjack this topic, but......

Any chance for a pic or description of how you placed the dynamat? Just around the speaker backs, or the entire console interior where practical? Big difference?

This is a great idea!

Its pretty lame how I did it, but I'm a big guy and there just isn't much room for me in that access door in the console. I don't have pics handy, but I just cut strips and placed them in a "square" around the speakers. And took any extra I had and lined the forward facing side of the console where my sub is...the black represents the obvious. 

It honestly took me from feeling like I wasted a lot of money to "WOW...this sounds AMAZING!" It's been there for 5 or 6 years now and hasn't slipped or rotted. 

IMG_0024.JPG

Archived