livewell plumbing diagram for 2004 18 rf

oxman

It is in the manual listed in Hewes Products. They are pretty straight forward, but if you still have the 9" pie hole, not easy to work on. If you need to remove a pump and it is the original, you will probably have to remove everything from the sea chest out. Replace the ball valve with a stainless and br*** valve. The stainer is up to you, but I would. The new pumps are larger than the originals.

There are a half dozen threads on pump replacement. Most are using the rule tourney 800, with the replaceable cartridge.

Are the shut off valves the black plastic Marlon's? If so, do they actually work? They have a bad habit of freezing up (open or closed), if they are not worked regularly.

Did the PO replace the pie hole with a removable hatch when he replaced the factory installed rule pumps?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the black valves and like you say I cannot turn them off. That means if I have a broken line I will not be able to cut the water off at the sea chest! Not good. And I have the same small round opening. Guess a lot of work is due. Thanks

You may not get the water flow you want with a 500 GPH pump, if you add the strainer. If you can fit the TH Marine 13x17 removeable hatch, get it and install it before donating a pint or two trying to work through the pie hole. You have to call them and tell them you need the MBC OEM hatch.

Just google them up and call the 800 number. I think I paid about 75-80 bucks two years ago and they shipped it to me in two days.

Archived