Action Welding and Marine kudos

billablehours

I just wanted to give kudos to Bruce and the folks at Action Marine and Welding in Cape Coral Fl for a great job on my swim platform and ladder for my Pathfinder 2200.  I’m in Orlando so they couldn’t measure the boat and install the platform. I sent photos and they already had a jig for it.  It only took a week and was shipped really fast. So much nicer than the cheap stainless and starboard ones out there.  It was not very difficult to install.  I would highly recommend. A332F693-11BC-4B35-B56B-C99CC54CC893.thumb.jpeg.f8001f65a39ad36e7bc249cf58998dd6.jpegs Great customer service.  

37A3C43C-3F00-492F-815F-E1A534D34679.jpeg

6A652EE9-D298-41B3-8E3F-FB41790F1EDD.jpeg

Billablehours,

That’s exactly what I need. I’m in Homosassa, so a professional install is not in the cards. Can you be more specific on the “not very hard” on the self install. i.e. all hardware included, backing plates necessary or straight screws, etc. Also what you paid. You can PM me if you don’t want to say publicly.

Many thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, FROZEN said:

Billablehours,

That’s exactly what I need. I’m in Homosassa, so a professional install is not in the cards. Can you be more specific on the “not very hard” on the self install. i.e. all hardware included, backing plates necessary or straight screws, etc. Also what you paid. You can PM me if you don’t want to say publicly.

Many thanks in advance.

I had one on my old 2006 Pathfinder. Action installed it for me, but was very simple. Just screws. It’s designed so there is no load in a direction that could pull out a screw. 

I think they run about $650. 

3 hours ago, FROZEN said:

Billablehours,

Many thanks in advance.

Northern Snooker is right about on. I paid a little less than that delivered.  

Install is straight forward and all hardware is provided.  The plates all screw in with no backing plates necessary because the only loads are either in shear or compression. Nothing is trying to pull the platform off. I did use 5200 just for extra strength. 

The only challenge is a little hand bending and a few licks on a 2x4 with a hammer to get the perfect fit. Aluminum bends easily and all that was required was a little tweaking for a perfect fit.  It took about an hour maybe an hour and a half. 

Archived