ANY IDEAS

fin-addict

mentioned in an earlier post about problem with garmin 2006c gps. was not getting anything but beeps from all buttons, no picture. now while powering ON the screen turns white, nothing appears. all buttons pushed nothing happens except for a beep. at a loss at this point. ANY IDEAS TO PROBLEM. a tech wants $100. to come take a LOOK SEE. more than likely me it's toast, bad screen.

if anyone knows of same unit available please let me know. this is flush mounted. does anyone know of another unit that would fit that cutout rather than putting starboard over it to flush mount another gps. would like to stick with garmin if at all possible and a reasonable price. looking for used.

thank you for any information that may be given, fin :S:)

Fin, sorry to say it is time to let it go. I had the exact same unit, got caught in a MASSIVE rain storm and I had the same screen, except purple afterwards. Luckily I had a spare unit and I just sold them with my Hewes. The last update Garmin had for the unit was 2005/6 if I remember correctly, check the sight it will show it. The 3006 will fit BUT it uses the GSD 22 sounder and your unit uses the GSD 20 and they are not interchangeable. 2006c is a great unit though! Ebay has a 3006c for $390.00 I just saw. Good Luck! 

21 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

dumb idea, but any chance it is just in night mode or the brightness is just wayyyy down?  

Dont ask me how i might suggest taking a look. . .

no, checked it several times. buttons will not do anything except beep when pushed. called garmin support, did a system restart, nothing happened, unit DOA.  Garmin Support is excellent and gives you all the time needed.:)

Archived