A Pathfinder version west coast tower boat?

NateF

I think the 2500 was a step towards this with more room in the back but I want to see a dance floor behind my leaning post. I love the deck lay out on Dorado 25, Gause 26 etc but if Pathfinder could make a 26 hull with an open deck layout I would buy it tomorrow.  

Anyone else interested in seeing a west coast tower boat style Pathfinder?

14 hours ago, NateF said:

I think the 2500 was a step towards this with more room in the back but I want to see a dance floor behind my leaning post. I love the deck lay out on Dorado 25, Gause 26 etc but if Pathfinder could make a 26 hull with an open deck layout I would buy it tomorrow.  

Anyone else interested in seeing a west coast tower boat style Pathfinder?

yes !!!!!!! the style of the above 2 boats.

There's two boats I would love to see MBG build... one is exactly what you're talking about. 

I love being up top and fishing on the deck (or platform) but for many folks they like to fish down inside the boat. Many guides have this issue whether the customers are elderly or young children they want to feel safe down inside. For this I would love to see a nice deck up front but an open cockpit in the rear. Closed transom with built in livewell and leaning post livewell. Plenty of space to throw a cast net from the rear as well as fish, coolers, bean bags, etc. The TCraft, Privateer, CHawk, Hanson, etc. all have that big wide beam with tons of space to run around.

I have the 23 HPS and the beam is actually not bad, but the wider gunnels and back deck are rarely used. If I am fishing from the rear I'm generally trolling, bottom fishing offshore, or maybe livebaiting mangroves. I would much rather be standing down inside when in the rear. When i'm fishing up front on the platform I'm generally moving along and sight fishing with artificials.

The 2nd boat I would like to see them build is a cat (texas style) hull. Something like SCB (ESCB), Shoalwater, etc. but we'll leave that for another discussion.

Josh B.

I think something like that Dorado would fit perfect in Pathfinders portfolio.  Over a dozen years ago I guided out of a 22 pathfinder and the casting decks were avoided by the majority of my customers. I love my 24 now but I have got to get more deck space. I really hope my next boat is a pathfinder 26 hybrid with tons of deck space

I brought this up in a little while back.

I talked to Charlie about it and he seemed interested in the idea but thought Pathfinder already had enough models. My customers never stand on the deck and I am currently looking for another boat. It’s too bad because the ride and draft of a Pathfinder is perfect for my area in the 10,000 islands. 

11 hours ago, ASB said:

I brought this up in a little while back.

I talked to Charlie about it and he seemed interested in the idea but thought Pathfinder already had enough models. My customers never stand on the deck and I am currently looking for another boat. It’s too bad because the ride and draft of a Pathfinder is perfect for my area in the 10,000 islands. 

They could do without a few small Cobias and make another bay boat / tower boat.  

You guys should shop for a used Pathfinder 23 DV. I have one and noticed that the standard center console is unusually tall, has non-skid on the top and enough space to stand comfortably up there. I think all you'd need is a tower built to accommodate steering and throttle and you'd be good to go.

• 2 years later...