Best price on a Yamaha Lower unit

Schmitt

Thinking about naming my boat the Unicorn because parts either don't exist or they are so crazily priced it makes you queasy.  Here it goes, I am looking for the best price on a NEW lower unit for my Engine, 2005 VZ250TLRD HPDI.  Part number 60X-45300-10-NA.  Any reputable parts shops on the Florida East Coast area or within days drive of Ft. Pierce for the right price?  Also upgrading at his time is not possible so "Repower dude!" or other similar comments won't help.B|

5 hours ago, hurricane said:

I have heard a lot of guys get them from here. This is an aftermarket lower, not rebuild I think. Does have 3 year warranty.

https://www.sterndrive.cc/

SEI is a decent lower but they do not offer a low water pickup lower like your HPDI lower.  If you need low water you would have to send a SEI to Bob’s machine. 

7 hours ago, Schmitt said:

Thinking about naming my boat the Unicorn because parts either don't exist or they are so crazily priced it makes you queasy.  Here it goes, I am looking for the best price on a NEW lower unit for my Engine, 2005 VZ250TLRD HPDI.  Part number 60X-45300-10-NA.  Any reputable parts shops on the Florida East Coast area or within days drive of Ft. Pierce for the right price?  Also upgrading at his time is not possible so "Repower dude!" or other similar comments won't help.B|

What is the reason for the need to buy a new LU?

I went through the same issue with my broken skegg...and the Yamaha 5 star dealer - Boat Center, rebuilt the entire lower unit for less than $800 and I have a local warranty....just another option...

If the LU is still in decent shape....it can be done...when they had to install my skegg, due to the amount I had broken off, they had to super heat the crank shaft which then burned up the seals...so a rebuild was necessary....

Dc

Archived