1994 Maverick Master Angler 18.5

RacerxV6

Not Mine,  so as you all know I am in the market and for this one I have emailed the buyer back and forth but then lost communications along the way.  When I asked for more pics because of the Johnson,  I was overly concerned at first because of the size.  But then I did some research on it and it only weighs 375 lb.  It has been three weeks since I last spoke to him.  So I am not sure this one is still available.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/d/1994-maverick-master-angler/6366299051.html

That's a 60 degree Looper OMC.  Light, powerful and parts are fairly cheap and easy to find.  If compression came back good and all the electronics were up to snuff I wouldn't be concerned at all.  I would use it as a negotiation tool since most people associate MBC with Yamahas.  I agree with FLDXT.  Doesn't look like the original console, although I do like it set up on the side.  I had a 19' Hoog with a side console and boy does it make the deck space feel huge and you can run a cooler next to it for another seat side by side.  Remember the tank is under the floor.  Big job if it needs to come out at any time.

4 minutes ago, Nag Juice said:

We used them on certain platforms until the Etechs came out. They liked to pop when we used them "Commercially". I had one on my whaler growing up. It was great for what we used it for., but it was also in the 90s....That said, if you got the nod on this boat, I'd plan on replacing. 

Thanks Nag...that is kind of what I was thinking, and she is close to nodding...;)

I have a friend that bought a new key west boat with that Johnson on it. He still runs the same boat and motor and it still runs strong. We do laugh about how loud it is . But it's just what boat engines were back then.  The motor will also be very thirsty compared to newer 150's. it will use exactly twice as much gas as a newer motor say a opti max or hpdi. I know this because when we take our boats down to fl and run basically together rover 4 days I used half the fuel he does. 

I had a 1996 Johnson 150 on a 17' Key West Stealth.....it was a work horse....not sure about hours, but I ran it 8 years without any problems. 2 cycle, 6 cylinders, not fuel injected, old time carbs...but, it ran great. I'd probably still have it but a friend of mine was selling his 2400v Pathfinder and I wanted a bigger boat at the time. 

Archived