Simrad NSS9 EVO2 any one running

Wanaflatsfish

1 hour ago, Capt. Troy said:

Running GO 7 on the Maverick and NSS9 on a another boat. Very happy with the performance of both. Screens are very crisp and easy to see from anywhere. The side view we tested on an artificial reef a few weeks ago. I could see the holes in the culverts from a 100 feet away.

thank you Troy....I want to upgrade to the FMT chip and my Garmin will not support.

dc

I run several different boats and some have Garmin. I have never been able to warm up to their mapping. I'm a navionics guy.

But I understand that garmin has now bought out Navionics. Who knows where that will lead. The tech changes so fast on this stuff it's crazy. It will soon be only a power cable needed. Blue tooth for everthing except power. They are already close on my Raymarine stuff on the Rampage.

I love my nss9 evo 2. Everything loads so quickly so when you are running you don't get the blank screen while it's refreshing.

Capt Troy,

what transducer are you using? I have the total scan and haven't been blown away by the side scan thus far albeit I haven't played with the settings or anything 

Its a great unit, but kinda pricey. I don't like the way the look mounted on the bracket, the unit looks more like its designed to be flush mounted.

Also keep in mind Lowrance is the same company and you can get a very comparable unit with similar interface for less money. Lowrance Elite Ti series, in my opinion is the best bang for the buck out there right now. 

Archived