Snookin before front

FMB MEGALOPS

Came up to Clearwater/Dunedin to fish with a buddy and fished that full moon low tide in the middle of day. Got bait just off pier 60 in 20' of water. One cast and blacked out well with large threadfin and white bait. We were actually targeting redfish on the Belleair flat and on the other side south of coast guard station. We chummed heavy and kept catching small undersized snook out on the flat in potholes. I was a little surprised to see these guys still out in the open with the water temp dropping. I knew there would be some bigger fish out too then. Got this girl on a small whitebait in less than 2' of water just off the end of a dock in Belleair area. 

We then went and fished the east side of Dunedins deeper docks working lots of live bait as tide was coming in and caught multiple slot snook. Fish were very sluggish and we saw lots of fish that wouldn't eat. Not one snook ever came up and popped a stunned white bait like they usually do when chumming in warmer water. They probably were feeding on the full moon at night. Anyways it was a great few hours of catch and release snook action. No slot reds or trout though. All were undersized. I'm sure these snook will be off the flats after this front passes. 

Snook Clearwater.jpg

Archived