New ride delivered COBIA 261cc

BOOMERANG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Moderator said:

Congrats !!  That sure is a good lookin', broad shouldered hull. 

How is the ride in a chop ?

Mod-1

My apologies but I  am still figuring out how to use this messaging. I had  the boat offshore in a honest 2 foot with occasional 3 foot  chop  east   @10-15mph. It surprised me, I ran the  boat at 4000rps with a moderate trim up to 4800 rpm .It was stable without pounding and dry as a bone  ( not a drop anywhere above the rub rail). I didn't have an opportunity to launch it airborne but I suspect the 21.5 degree dead rise would land me somewhat softly(?). It did great in a following sea with great sea keeping characteristics and gave a very secure feel at a drift and at   the sloppy water going in and out of Jupiter inlet. If I compare the ride to my prior boats - Pursuit, Grady ,Seacraft ,McKee craft ,Luhrs,  Mainship  ,Hydra sports, Bluewater and many others (21), they lacked an all round satisfaction to our needs. Extremely happy with this vessel .

Your new Cobia has had some good company.  I'm sure you will find the ride stable and comfortable.  Your assessment of the hull so far is great, and I hope you and your family/friends enjoy the trips.  Keep your eyes open for the Maverick Boat Group Family Tournaments coming up this summer.  Meet some fine folks and have big fun..

Thanks for posting the pics and comments !

Mod-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The rear T-Top struts look much better with the rod holders. I saw your factory pics from when your deck and hull were coming together. I too am a big MBG fan and in coordinating my visit with Charlie Johnson in 2018 had the opportunity to be present the day my deck and hull came together on my RF 18. It really helped me see how/where the plumbing was and I got to talk to the installing techs and they gave me some maintenance tips. Great experience and great people. Nice boat you gave there may you have many continued hours of enjoyment.