Gel Coat Repair Recommendation - Naples, FL

TellMeWhen

I picked up an older Maverick and it has some chips and old screw holes from various things installed by the prior owner.  There are small holes to repair on the console, deck / nonskid and hull.  I'm extremely OCD on boats, even the cosmetic stuff, and I want to find someone who can fix it all and make her look as good as possible.  Any recommendations in the Naples area?  I know it can be done by lots of folks, but it is an art form to really make it unnoticeable and do top notch work.    

10 hours ago, TellMeWhen said:

I picked up an older Maverick and it has some chips and old screw holes from various things installed by the prior owner.  There are small holes to repair on the console, deck / nonskid and hull.  I'm extremely OCD on boats, even the cosmetic stuff, and I want to find someone who can fix it all and make her look as good as possible.  Any recommendations in the Naples area?  I know it can be done by lots of folks, but it is an art form to really make it unnoticeable and do top notch work.    

Not Naples...but, one of the best in the business is Bob @ inshore marine here in Pompano..you are only two hours from perfection :) .

He did my pathfinder and his work is flawless....he was a glass layer at Contender boats in a former life.....knows his stuff.

dc

Thank you guys.  How much should I expect to pay for this type of work roughly?  Is it by the hour or they typically quote for the whole job? For example -Fsusteve where you say he is not cheap, can you give me a flavor of what that means?  I have no baseline to start with as I have never had this type of work done before.  Say for example one of my areas, where there was some older trolling motor hookups and a fishfinder on the front of the bow that left a number of holes and old clamshells.  Are we talking a few hundred for each repair like that?  More?  I'm just trying to get an idea, I know each job will demand it's own price.

Archived