17 MA vs 17 Patfinder

cpt steve

I used to have a 17 MA and have hated myself ever since I sold it.....I have seen a couple of 17 Pathfinders and was curious how they would compare to an MA of the same age. 

My MA rode great and was very stable..have not been in a 17 Pathfinder in the water yet but have trouble believing that it would be comparable but would be pleased if it was. 

Can somebody help me out please? 

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone

4 hours ago, cpt steve said:

My MA rode great and was very stable..have not been in a 17 Pathfinder in the water yet but have trouble believing that it would be comparable but would be pleased if it was. 

I went running most of the time my buddies HPX - T to then a 17Pathy tunnel and now a MA17.

As mentioned on many forums...the 17T will run in spit...literally less than 6" and if mud.....4".....but, for that, you will get the beating of your life in white cap water.

I sold my 17T after a near sinking when crossing between the Houston and the Chatham about two years ago......I got caught in a weather cell that came out of no-where and brought up the water to really serious conditions....this was my fault.....not the boat....

Anything more than a true 1' chop will beat you up a bit....but, they are great skiffs for running shallow in calm water.......

MA is a different animal....no comparison.

dc

They tend to come in waves on this forum.  6 months, nothing, and then 3 show up at once.  You may want to take a look at Nagjuices 18.  I have been in it and it is prettier in person than even in the pics.  The baby blue decks are a LOT easier on they eyes on sunny days than the stark white.  

Not pushing, but if you havent considered it, you may want to.  not many 06 MAs out there.

Archived