Cleaning non-skid

Waterguy

Our new 18 Hewes has some fine dirt imbedded in the fine sandy type non-skid on our boat. I don't want to damage the nonskid but I'd like to get it looking like new gain. Of course the top side made the same way. Any recs on ways you guys get her back to new with damaging the nonskid? Thanks!

On 12/28/2017 at 7:42 AM, Waterguy said:

Our new 18 Hewes has some fine dirt imbedded in the fine sandy type non-skid on our boat.

chances are it's not "dirt" but oil and tar mixture from the road...dirt would wash off

Try either (dawn dishwashing) at full strength and with a good scrub brush....if that does not work, try 888 degreaser at full strength, then let it sit for max one min or so....then , use a rag and .scurb by hand...... and be sure to clean off well.....as a last resort, you can spray  WD 40 and lightly scrub with hand towel...then, scrub off with dawn in a bucket of water....then lots of water.....

I'm with you 100% on the Wood Wax - follow exactly as directed and it works to protect the deck....but, everything must be perfectly clean on the deck....then use the Woody WAX soap as follow up each time after...followed by a light coating of Woody Again....

Do not use anything like Dawn on the deck afterwards.....it will dissolve the wax.....

DC

Archived