light bar install

Malbrew

10 hours ago, Malbrew said:

rigid is the brand name.  wanting to use light for driving at night..  thinking of putting one on top of my hard T-top.

rigid, thank you. as for driving at night. most states if not all, it is a violation to use any type of light to run at night. only nav lights. spots and others are only allowed for aid to docking, anchored up and following channel markers. it is a fineable violation. using while running can also cause night blindness with many risks involved. please think this over. ;) fin

I had a ‘’Phishlight” double row LED bar that Ships Chandler is Destin installed for me. It’s crazy bright. If you don’t have a hard top I’d suggest mounting it as far forward as you can. The light is so bright it comes through soft top...not a big deal and the install on mine is super clean. They routed all wiring internally through the Ttop

4F906DE2-BE07-476D-AF39-288BFA8C7AE1.jpeg

10-4 Fin Addict, only needed when running in certain areas such as Lake Barre in South Louisiana and used sparingly.  These areas are infested with objects that can tear a boat up.  I trust my radar but in close quarters with multiple unlit targets, nothing beats a light.  As far as being illegal,  many mud boats in our area run with them.  Where we fish at night, we rarely see another vessel and haven't seen another boat in the past two years.  As the saying goes "there are captains that have hit something at night and those who have not hit something yet"  I plan to be the "not yet" for as long as possible, using everthing necessary. 

Thanks Kingfisher, that is exactly what I need.  Lived in Destin in the 90's, worked in FWB for the Florida Marine Research Institute as a Biologist studying juvenile fish populations.  Love fishing Choctwhatchee Bay, use to know that bay like the back of my hand.  Trout on ultra light tackle over the clear grass beds was the best!  And the deeper holes in the winter....

Planning on bring my boat there this summer....

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, Kingfisher67 said:

I had a ‘’Phishlight” double row LED bar that Ships Chandler is Destin installed for me. It’s crazy bright. If you don’t have a hard top I’d suggest mounting it as far forward as you can. The light is so bright it comes through soft top...not a big deal and the install on mine is super clean. They routed all wiring internally through the Ttop

4F906DE2-BE07-476D-AF39-288BFA8C7AE1.jpeg

Kingfisher, Is that the 20" model?