Old Gas

Headhunter

I need a little guidance. In September I bought 20 gallons of regular ethanol gas for my generator and the coming hurricane. Since the house was trashed I never used it and couldn't get to it until recently. I am not sure what to do with it. I never put Startron in it and if it's no good how do I get rid of it. I thought of adding Startron now to my cars a little at a time but they use high test.

Ideas and thoughts are appreciated.

2 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I need a little guidance. In September I bought 20 gallons of regular ethanol gas for my generator and the coming hurricane. Since the house was trashed I never used it and couldn't get to it until recently. I am not sure what to do with it. I never put Startron in it and if it's no good how do I get rid of it. I thought of adding Startron now to my cars a little at a time but they use high test.

Ideas and thoughts are appreciated.

Headhunter I have same issue - as you know- for same reason. I purchased new generator that runs on gas or propane. The other day while running on gas purchased for hurricane I noticed it had  the slightest “miss” and got curious if it was the gas so switched it over to propane and it immediately ran smooth as silk. So I am thinking the gas is on way out. 

2 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I would burn it in my car .. or lawn mower..if you don’t want to I bet you could give it away to a neighbor as stated above or the first guy you see with a lawn trailer attached to his truck

i took about 30 gal. out of my boat and ran it in my hunting jeep, lawn mower and welding mach.

Archived