Diamond non skid

SouthernWake

I have used several different products...I've had more success on my non skid using the Clorox cleaner shown below. I spray it on directly, let it sit about 15 minutes and then scrub with a plastic bristle brush....no water until after you scrub it. After I get it clean, I apply Woody wax spray to the non skid and then just follow the instructions on can. I fish my boat a lot, I have a full grown Labrador retriever that always goes and tracks mud and fish slime everywhere...so I have to apply the cleaner and Woody wax about four times a year. 

Im sure other people have their recipes as well...this one works for me on my 2009 Pathfinder 2200xl. 

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

The Woody Wax is a really good product, don't over do it applying it....follow the instructions. You will get about 10 boat washings out of it before having to reapply...maybe a few more if you don't over scrub it. It is a bit expensive when you first buy it, but, you will get about 4 or 5 applications out of one can. I apply it on the entire inside of my boat, floors, top of hatches, etc with a soft bristle boat brush. I've found the key to making it last is to wash with a good quality car or boat cleaner and not a product like Dawn dish washing stuff. Here is one cleaner that I have been using with good success.

IMG_1823.JPG

I use the cleaner with bleach . Publix brand is about the best bleach cleaner I have ever seen. 

Also I use bar keepers friend in the powder  can like comet. Wet the floor and sprinkle around scrubbing with your deck brush. I use woody wax wash afterward and the woody wax spray a couple of times a year. 

for me...the general rule:

1.) Grease and dirt - Dawn and 888 cleaner - a bit of dawn with the 888 and you'll cut through grease and any ground in dirt....remember, dawn will take up any woody wax later applied and wax on gunnels etc.

2.) For any blood stains....I put a bit of bleach in a spray bottle and shoot at the area, followed up with Orphine cleaner or Woody Wax Cleaner

3.) After deck is 100% clean, then apply the Woody Wax....according to instructions....it works, but, you must follow exactly......wet deck, with a few sprays,,,i use a blue brush (super soft) that is only used for Woody Wax and apply over entire deck....then let it dry.....hit it with strong hose, then dry with towel....water beads nicely...and help with future dirt and debris.

4.) Any tar or mud...............goo gone or mineral spirits....

DC

Call me OCD but the best way for me to get the boat clean is to spot clean throughout the day and not let things dry into the non skid.  I bring a small towel or rag and tall plastic cup.  I may come back to the ramp with salt on the cap but that's easier to clean than dried in dirt and blood.

As for washing... I use Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash and Wax to wash the boat and I use Woody Wax (As instructed on the bottle) 4-5 times a year. 

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Body_Wash_Synthetic_Wax_Car_Wash_1_Gal_p/cws_107.htm

Archived