2500 Dash Complete

marzomi

Finally finished my electronics rigging for my new 2500.   Hard to work up here in NJ this time of year...  freezing my butt off out there under the shrink wrap.

Simrad NSS12, RS20VHF and AP44 autopilot on the flat.  Simrad NSS9 on a ballzout mount and Fusion stereo mounted in the forward t-top hatch.

dash_zpstzbjqlyj.jpg

dash.jpg

10 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

How do you like the mounting arm....I've seen them on line he are $$$ but look great...yours is the first I've seen on a Pathfinder....bass guys are using them.

dc

The balzout mounts are by far the best.   They are absolutely rock solid.  I have a lowrance hds10 mounted on one on my ranger 620.  Running 60mph up on the great lakes and it doesn't budge.   Worth the 200 buck price tag.  I am also using one on the bow mfd on this boat as well

oh and for any of the other Simrad folks out there.  If you have an F350, which doesnt come with a speed sensor, you will want to deliver speed via your MFD's GPS to the Yamaha 6YC digital display.  You will need a video cable plugged in to the back of your MFD and you will connect the yellow wire on the video cable to the white wire on the back of the 6YC and the blue wire on the cable to the blue wire on the 6YC.  See pic below.  

Once thats done it seems Simrad doesnt turn on nmea183 broadcast by default so u need to go to the network secton of the menu and under NMEA 183 enable.   Wallla   It works.  

You can also enable this via NMEA 2000 but u need to buy a 500 dollar module from yamaha to do so....  NMEA183 works fine for this, save ur money

Yamaha6YC_nmea183_receiveWires.jpg

Archived