Great White Shark in the Everglades!!

conocean

That's a pup....lol :) ... we have a celebrity that swims up and down the NJ coast.   Mary Lee, 16-foot, 3,500-pounder, most likely longer by now.  Good luck on your quest for jaws.  See if you can take a few pics if you happen to run into him. They are amazing creatures.

11 hours ago, TC said:

That's a pup....lol :) ... we have a celebrity that swims up and down the NJ coast.   Mary Lee, 16-foot, 3,500-pounder, most likely longer by now.  Good luck on your quest for jaws.  See if you can take a few pics if you happen to run into him. They are amazing creatures.

I thought you were telling a fish story with that weight, apparently not....

https://owlcation.com/stem/The--Biggest-Great-White-Shark-Ever-Found

On 2/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, TC said:

Mary Lee likes to winter here off the Georgia coast and sometimes comes in towards the beach very close. A fishing buddy of mine, and his crew, were some of the first people down here to get video evidence of great whites in these waters back in the early 2000s ( I've seen the original vid and have a copy of the local newspaper article). The thinking at that time was that this was a sick adult that could no longer catch fast prey. Now it is known they often winter in our waters,  possibly due to the fact that Right whales come here at the same time to calve.  I used to dive the same wreck where my buddy filmed that shark!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I saw George feeding on a huge turtle a few miles off Lostmans ENP boundary marker but it turned out to be huge spotted rays doing some weird mating dance over top of a school of seatrout. :o 

Sharks should be thankful I no longer fish for them. A small blacktip is actually pretty tasty. 

Archived