Pliers

algi

31 minutes ago, hurricane said:

I don't know. However I gave up depending on pliers to cut braid. I got one of these, attached it to my pliers holster. It cuts braid like nothing.

https://www.boomerangtool.com/products/the-snip-basic

I also gave up cutting braid with pliers . I buy cheap braid blade scissors and use my pliers to remove hooks only . I wasted a lot of money buying pliers to cut braid before saying I dont need a hundred dollar plus set of pliers to remove hooks and cheap braid blade scissors last a while and work well . 

2 hours ago, dabear said:

I also gave up cutting braid with pliers . I buy cheap braid blade scissors and use my pliers to remove hooks only . I wasted a lot of money buying pliers to cut braid before saying I dont need a hundred dollar plus set of pliers to remove hooks and cheap braid blade scissors last a while and work well . 

X2...I have a pair of accurate pliers...but, 90% of the time use the boomerarng....

dc

My cousin has an outdoor sporting goods place.  I would say it is kind of a high end place as he carries everything that he would use and he uses nothing but the best.  My Dad had asked him a few years ago what would be the best fishing accessory that he could get me for a stocking stuffer.  Steve ran right to the Boomerangs.  He had just picked them up at a show and fell in love with them.  I attached it to my Accurate Pliers pouch that I wear on my belt.  It has a retractable cable.  Works great.  Quite using the cutters on the pliers.  I actually bought 2 more pair to keep on the boat so when I have others fishing, they aren't hounding me to cut their line.  So easy to use.  

I use nothing but mono.  All my reels are spooled with 8 lb or 10 lb mono.   Leader is always 15 lb or 20 lb flouro.   Never had a problem with cutting mono or flouro.   My cutting tool is my teeth.  Real cheap, real quick, always handy,  and I never lose them overboard!:D

2 hours ago, JEM said:

I use nothing but mono.  All my reels are spooled with 8 lb or 10 lb mono.   Leader is always 15 lb or 20 lb flouro.   Never had a problem with cutting mono or flouro.   My cutting tool is my teeth.  Real cheap, real quick, always handy,  and I never lose them overboard!:D

Those things can get expensive real quick, though.  

2 hours ago, JEM said:

I did that too for over 40 years and guess what?  Chipped both of them.  I may be a Native Floridian, but I don't need to look like one!! 

On 2/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, hurricane said:

I don't know. However I gave up depending on pliers to cut braid. I got one of these, attached it to my pliers holster. It cuts braid like nothing.

https://www.boomerangtool.com/products/the-snip-basic

Excellent little tool. Put a carabiner around your belt and they are always within easy reach. If you cut heavy line with them they will wear faster. They cut braid like butter when not abused. 

If you can find some used van stalls that are made in America they are truly the best.  I have 2 set of the medium sized Titanium pliers.  Been through a couple of cases and cutters but the pliers are perfect.  I must have gotten them at least 15 years ago when they were about $200 for the set.

Just now, F1sh0n said:

If you can find some used van stalls that are made in America they are truly the best.  I have 2 set of the medium sized Titanium pliers.  Been through a couple of cases and cutters but the pliers are perfect.  I must have gotten them at least 15 years ago when they were about $200 for the set.

Oh, and pay for the lanyard or make your won.  I like a small diameter bungee myself with the end sewn in a permeant loop.

Archived