Permits for the ENP...

DaveC

Okay, I hate to ask this and I know that this topic was discussed not long ago... New permit regs... what are they?  I have to buy mine and I can't find much detail on this?  I know that its about 40 per person on the boat but... I am in dire need of direction on this, sorry for my lack of knowledge but???

NPS is supposed to put required boat & personal ENP permits in motion by July of this year. An announcement should be made at least 90 days prior. I get all the NPS newsletters and haven't seen any mention of the topic yet. You can buy an annual personal permit for entrance into Shark Valley & Flamingo thru this link- 

https://yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/park/ever

I won't be purchasing any permits until I receive something in writing from the NPS stating that permits are required to be in the ENP via Everglades City/Chokoloskee. 

I just emailed my ranger contact at the NPS and will report back if he has any info to share in regards to this topic. 

3 hours ago, conocean said:

NPS is supposed to put required boat & personal ENP permits in motion by July of this year. An announcement should be made at least 90 days prior. I get all the NPS newsletters and haven't seen any mention of the topic yet. You can buy an annual personal permit for entrance into Shark Valley & Flamingo thru this link- 

https://yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/park/ever

I won't be purchasing any permits until I receive something in writing from the NPS stating that permits are required to be in the ENP via Everglades City/Chokoloskee. 

I just emailed my ranger contact at the NPS and will report back if he has any info to share in regards to this topic. 

Thanks Paul...  See Bobby was right, you ARE the man!

This is looking like its going to be a case in which the molasses-like pace of Federal buerocracy is going to work in our favor. I inquired when renewing my annual entrance & ramp pass last month (after I had my credit card and permits in-hand) and I got the shoulder shrug and eye roll from ranger. 

Archived