Atlas Micro Jack plate mystery

flyfishinglife

Purchased a 2017  HPX S "demo" with 40 hrs never titled before on Jan 22. Factory installed Atlas Micro jack plate started operating basically when it felt like since first 10 mins on the water.  I have less than ten hours since purchasing. First called the manufacturer and they thought it was the relays. Sent two new ones but no difference. Every morning the JP is dead, no sound when the helm switch is activated. I keep the JP at the middle position when it's on the lift. Usually after maybe an hour on the water, the JP starts responding, and works fine the rest of the fishing day. Same thing this morning. I noticed the helm lever cover was scratched and the cap on the lever is missing and the screw head inside the lever is buggered up, so the dealer knew about the issue and tried to fix it. I called them and they admitted as much, but claimed it was working ok when they sold it to me. I doubt whoever messed with the helm switch was able to check it out. They claim a tech will come out and look at here in St James City. I know it's on the dealer but they're an hour and a half away. I'd like to resolve the problem here and not lose days on the water before I have to head back north. Could it be moisture condensing overnight in the helm switch maybe, then drying out? I have a console cover on overnight. I checked with a meter, there is power through the breaker that feeds the relays. Battery is 100%. Thanks for any ideas. Ken

I had one with a small 60hp and it lasted 10 hours before the pump/jack locked up.  MFR was real good and sent a brand new jack plate but I sold it and put a Bob's on as it is too much trouble pulling motor off/on to address issues.  Bob's is much faster and more lift.  Many others have had issues with those micro jackers - see thread on microskiff.com. 

Archived