4-blade Prop for e-tec 115 HO on an old 17MA

Wayne's World

26 minutes ago, Wayne's World said:

Need help! 4 blade for hole shots and easy cruise, Thanks  

I have recently heard good things about the Evinrude Rogue 4-blade prop, which would be a factory match for your rig.  13" x 17 pitch would probably be the right size.  The prop that I use on my Redfisher 16 w/VF115 is the Merc SpitFire X7 13" x 17 pitch.  Awesome hole-shot and smooth cruising.  It can be adapted to fit an Evinrude using the Flo Torq III hub from Mercury.

Also, for expert advice on propeller setup, you can ask "The Prop Dude" himself aka "Funky Monkey" aka Marcus at Powertech Propellers.  He has a 4-blade stern-lifter that many members on this board swear by.

I am fairly sure thay most of the 115 HO had 2.0 lower unit ratio , but have heard of three differant ratios . The 2.0 lower unit will most likely pull less pitch than the  2.25 or 2.44 ratio lower units . Wayne s World which lower unir ratio do you have ? It will make a night and day differance what pitch prop you may need . Whst prop are you running ?  What is your max RPM ? What RPM are you turning with the prop you have ? What is your max speed with the set up you have ? These things may help steer you towards the best prop for your ride . 

Joe R 

26 minutes ago, dabear said:

I am fairly sure thay most of the 115 HO had 2.0 lower unit ratio , but have heard of three differant ratios . The 2.0 lower unit will most likely pull less pitch than the  2.25 or 2.44 ratio lower units . Wayne s World which lower unir ratio do you have ? It will make a night and day differance what pitch prop you may need . Whst prop are you running ?  What is your max RPM ? What RPM are you turning with the prop you have ? What is your max speed with the set up you have ? These things may help steer you towards the best prop for your ride . 

Joe R 

Good point Joe.  I was only thinking of HP and boat weight, but the gear ratio is very important.  The E-tec 115 H.O. specs state the gear ratio is 2.0

Thanks Gary ------2.0 ratio -----RPM range 5600-6000 ------ how does this sound for a starting place 13X19  BRP Rogue ------part number 763967 ----- Hells Bay ran this prop on a 18 Marquesa  with a 115 HO ---.3.3 sec holeshot ---- 49 MPH ---5600 RPM --- this should give you a good starting point ---- between this and the information that you have from your present set up you should get a good idea what your boat needs and what you want . If your holeshot is more important to you than top end you may want to run less pitch than Hells Bay did on there Marquesa . That would make geeviam's guess 17 pitch 4 blade really close . 

Archived