New Mercury 4 strokes 175, 200 and 225

F1sh0n

Read about them in Boating Mag. I just repowered to a Merc 150 four stroke and am enjoying it. Maintenance is simplified and filter changes are easier. Power and response is spot on.

Noticed the new Mercs. have the dip stick at the top of the motor and you don't have to take to cowl off to check oil. Great idea for those of us who check on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, lurem said:

I wonder why they did not make a 250 HP so it can be run on the bass circuit (I think they have a 250 HP max)?

Yeah I'm with ya Dale, a 250 would have been nice to add to that line up. Even with the weight savings using plasma infused cylinder walls, as in non machinable throw away blocks, I'd rather have that versus a supercharged small displacement Verado. Not sure the smaller V-6 displacement, versus Yamaha's V-6 at 4.2L was the reason they could not go to 250 hp. I'm flying down then Uber to the show tomorrow with my Nephew and I'll check them out for sure. Oh yeah, I also wonder how they came up with the 3.4L is the largest in it's class, I thought Honda's were 3.5L. Just being picky.

My thought would be that a 250 would compete to much with a vrod. Honestly I was surprised they came out with a 225.  As for the vrod being supercharged, it is a in-line 6, which by far in my experience is the best possible configuration to have.  Just look at all the modern diesel inboard that are a straight block. 

20 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Be patient fellas, there is more to come in 2018.

New Yamahas 150 and above will arrive in 2019 if ordered today

I know that yamaha has a I-4 SHO 90 that is new but have not seen anything about a new 150 coming out. Is the new 150 going to be a I-4 block like most of the new stuff or is this a new block design . Joe R

On February 17, 2018 at 11:56 AM, linesider 159 said:

Be patient fellas, there is more to come in 2018.

New Yamahas 150 and above will arrive in 2019 if ordered today

Wonder how the exclusive Yamaha manufacturers like MBG, Grady, Contender, etc... are going to get through this shortage. I've heard grumblings of the shortage for awhile but now I know (second hand info so take this for what it's worth) of a Contender 32 purchaser who was given his deposit back. 

3 hours ago, jason p said:

Wonder how the exclusive Yamaha manufacturers like MBG, Grady, Contender, etc... are going to get through this shortage. I've heard grumblings of the shortage for awhile but now I know (second hand info so take this for what it's worth) of a Contender 32 purchaser who was given his deposit back. 

Yamaha "preferred" builders are getting priority. Key west boats, sea hunt, etc are getting motors fine from what I understand. 

Archived