Newbie owner here 1987 18 Maverick

MUGSHOT

Proud owner of my first flats boat. Found this gorgeous 1987 18 Maverick with the original Yamaha 150 engine. I will be modifying a few things to my liking, first will be a new console hatch, tilt helm, seadek. I can't wait to run the Keys and Biscayne Bay, this boat will be used a lot more than any other boat I have owned. Looking forward to reading and seeing all the post in this forum.

thumbnail_IMG_0152.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0153.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0155.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0168.jpg

Congrats....I"m a big DIY'r on the forum and happy to help...I own a MA17 1995 and have rewired the boat and installed my Powerpoles, etc...for me, it's part of the hobby....

However, if you are not so inclined....we have some GREAT member owners who are professionals....

Bob @ Inshore Marine in Pompano is DA MAN !! when it comes to MHP boats - he's a Master Rigger and Fiberglass Expert...he did work for me on my Pathy years ago and has sold me a good bit of my electronics, etc.....very honest business man..... and OutLaw on the forum is the best Welder in So Florida for any "modificaitons"....

I personally use the "BOAT CENTER" in FLL for any of my mechanical needs I can't tackle and some members use "JOHN- @ Maximum Outboards" in Pompano- both of the aforementioned are 5 Star Yamadog certified and honest to the day is long...

For trailer repair....I've used AMES in FLL and they just changed out my EZ loader axel and set a new set of bunks for less than $1200 - all in......

enjoy the adventure and the forum....great people....and lots of good info....no question is out of bounds.

DC

6 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Congrats....I"m a big DIY'r on the forum and happy to help...I own a MA17 1995 and have rewired the boat and installed my Powerpoles, etc...for me, it's part of the hobby....

However, if you are not so inclined....we have some GREAT member owners who are professionals....

Bob @ Inshore Marine in Pompano is DA MAN !! when it comes to MHP boats - he's a Master Rigger and Fiberglass Expert...he did work for me on my Pathy years ago and has sold me a good bit of my electronics, etc.....very honest business man..... and OutLaw on the forum is the best Welder in So Florida for any "modificaitons"....

I personally use the "BOAT CENTER" in FLL for any of my mechanical needs I can't tackle and some members use "JOHN- @ Maximum Outboards" in Pompano- both of the aforementioned are 5 Star Yamadog certified and honest to the day is long...

For trailer repair....I've used AMES in FLL and they just changed out my EZ loader axel and set a new set of bunks for less than $1200 - all in......

enjoy the adventure and the forum....great people....and lots of good info....no question is out of bounds.

DC

Thanks for all the referrals DC...

7 hours ago, hurricane said:

Looks nice, many years ago my buddy had an 89. It was same setup, we fished the crap outta that boat. I have an 03' now, congrats.

Thank you! this particular boat was used very little. I was fortunate to have found it before someone else did...

Archived