SERVICE SHOUTOUT - HERTZOG CANVAS

FROZEN

When we got a second home in Homosassa, our boat search began. My wife wanted a pontoon boat for scalloping and cruising. I wanted a PF. We settled on a PF without a T-top (my choice)and agreed to a good Bimini for her activities. Through the forum and neighbors, we found Phil Hertzog and Hertzog Canvas to build us a Bimini.

I wanted top quality materials and a top that would last many years. I looked at internet purchased, low cost tops and talked to owners. I wanted something better.

I called Phil, got a price, determined size options and colors, and ordered. Phil mentioned that he and his wife were planning a weekend at Crystal River, and if I could wait a while, he would be glad to install. They are in SE Florida.

Phil and his wife arrived a few weeks ago, with the top, and drilled the holes in the hull for the top quality, flush hardware. I couldn’t watch.

The top turned out Great! And what nice people!!! Taller than normal, slightly thicker fabric, and thicker wall tubing. We now have an extremely stable, strong top to last many years.

Phil mentioned he gets a lot of referrals from Inshore Marine and MBG in SE Fl.....great accolades!

We couldn’t be happier with their price, quality, and service!

1 hour ago, FROZEN said:

When we got a second home in Homosassa, our boat search began. My wife wanted a pontoon boat for scalloping and cruising. I wanted a PF. We settled on a PF without a T-top (my choice)and agreed to a good Bimini for her activities. Through the forum and neighbors, we found Phil Hertzog and Hertzog Canvas to build us a Bimini.

I wanted top quality materials and a top that would last many years. I looked at internet purchased, low cost tops and talked to owners. I wanted something better.

I called Phil, got a price, determined size options and colors, and ordered. Phil mentioned that he and his wife were planning a weekend at Crystal River, and if I could wait a while, he would be glad to install. They are in SE Florida.

Phil and his wife arrived a few weeks ago, with the top, and drilled the holes in the hull for the top quality, flush hardware. I couldn’t watch.

The top turned out Great! And what nice people!!! Taller than normal, slightly thicker fabric, and thicker wall tubing. We now have an extremely stable, strong top to last many years.

Phil mentioned he gets a lot of referrals from Inshore Marine and MBG in SE Fl.....great accolades!

We couldn’t be happier with their price, quality, and service!

Phil does great work. Built a top for my PT with rod pockets. Quality hardware and onsite fitment as I used to live close to his shop.

2 hours ago, nsbpathfinder said:

Question.....Did you choose stainless steel or aluminum frame?

Aluminum. I think he usually uses thicker wall aluminum. I’m sure he’ll make either. No comparison to the .com sellers. I forget the ASME number, but it’s close to aircraft grade. It sure feels heavier than I expected when I put it in the garage, but it is aluminum.

Archived