switches falling apart

mustang190

Seems the switches are now failing one after another, like falling apart.

Bilge switch has died now. And two other that are not used(bubbler and fresh water) are broken.

Does anyone know where I can order replacements?West Marine either does not carry them are they are in the $25+range!

I have a 2013 Pathfinder 22 TE

Not sure what type of switch you have, but I often get electronic parts from Newark/Element 14 (LINK).  Sometimes it can be a challenge to find just what you need but the filters really help.  I've bought high quality switches, boots, connectors, etc. all at super low prices and quick shipping.

Good luck,

Bud

The first thing I did when I bought my 2012 pathfinder used one and a half years ago was replace the switch panel. The switches were falling apart across the board. I wanted to replace them all and the local dealer said I had to buy the bag of each switch and they came in different quantities. I bought the entire panel cheaper than ordering wmswitches through the dealer. Probably could have saved some bucks sourceing each switch myself. The panel was pre wired. Simply plug into the harnes. And the switches were different. Not sure if the guys at pathfinder know this but the switches used in 2012 boats were not a great product. 

Honey B, who did you buy the whole panel through?  And if you don’t mind about how much did that run you?  My 2012 switches are having problems.  I also found that the lead coming off of the fuse was not getting a good connection and fixed some of my problems.

I honestly do not remember what the panel cost. I know my switches were rotten and after pulling the panel and seeing how they were falling apart I decided to replace them all. The boat was new to me and I wanted it perfect. I asked a couple of questions on line about good replacement switches and did not find a lot of information. The new switches did not have the little blue lights on top but I did not care. I actually hope the change in factory switches were for the better. I bought the panel through my closest dealer coustom marine, and it was obviously something he just had to buy from pathfinder. He called and got prices on the amount of switches I would have to buy and the whole panel was cheaper. Again he said I had to buy the entire bag as they would not sell just the switches. 

I was pretty stoked to find the panel wired when I opened the box. 3 or 4 plugs to the harness and I was in “Bness”

Archived