2018 24 trs with 250 sho prop ideas ?

I just ordered from the Miami boat show a new 

24 trs with a 250 sho, I would love some advice on what prop to purchase. I am looking for top speed I have long runs from key largo to Flamingo, the boat also comes with the second helm station, thanks again Kris 

I run a 225 SHO on a 2200V.  With the spot on advice of CG Ryan, I propped mine with a Powertech OFX 3 blade, 19 pitch prop.  I would not be at all surprised if this prop wouldn’t be “spot on” for your set up.  This prop would get my first try out!  If anything, you might have to drop down to an 18 pitch.

Whatever you end up with, I would strongly advise you to set it up so that your maximum rpm's with a normal load are near the upper end of the recommended rpm range......like 5700 - 6000 rpms.  I generally can turn about 5900 to 6000 (If I jack it up a notch or two).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had my 2400 TRS built for me and delivered in November, it has a factory hard fiberglass t-top, two 10' power poles, Minn Kota 112 lb. thrust Rip Tide trolling motor and a Yamaha 250 SHO. The dealer put a Power Tech OFX20 4 blade prop on it. After the initial break in I took it to WOT at 3" on the jackplate and 4 on the trim, that is what seemed to get me max speed. With a full tank of fuel, myself and another male friend on the boat I could only turn the prop at 5200 rpms and 45 mph. I went back to the dealer and replaced the prop with an OFX18 4 blade, I was able to get the rpms up to 5900 and speed up to 48.5 mph at WOT running everything the same way, I wasn't crazy about the separation gap between the rpms and speed. Another downside was when I lowered the jackplate to 2 " at 4000 rpms my fuel economy was not good, I was getting about 2 mpg. I didn't like the numbers and returned the prop for an OFX19 4 blade,  right away I felt like this was the right prop. At WOT my rpms dropped to 5700 and my speed increased to 50.5 mph, when I lowered the jackplate to 2 " at 4000 rpms, I was able to get 3.1 mpg at around 34 mph. I know if I ran the boat with 1/2 tank of fuel and a light load I could probably increase my speed to maybe 52 mph. I'm happy with this set-up. 

• 1 month later...

I ran my 2019 2400 TRS w/ 250 SHO today using the Power Tech OFX19 4 blade prop under a light load. Just myself and a 1/2 tank of fuel, no trolling motor, at WOT and jack plate set at 3 and the trim at 4, I was able to get to 5800 rpms and 52.2 mph, I fueled the boat afterwards and top it off with 31.5 gals of fuel, so I got those numbers with 40 gals of fuel in the boat, so with between 10 to 20 gals of fuel in the tank I should gain another mph. 

Archived