Rabuds Installation Post???

There was a post showing the complete procedure with the screw and tap size needed for this job.The post even had great pictures. Anyone know where I can find the post?

I received the Rabuds today, but don't know where to start. I can install them, but would like to have that exact info if possible.

Thanks to all that reply.

Nevermind....I installed the Rabuds on my 2200V tonight. Piece of cake!

By the way, the rabuds are to be installed with the opening down. The ball floats up to set in the hole in the gasket. Don't let anyone mislead you by saying the opening goes up. That is wrong and is bad information.

• 3 years later...
On 5/4/2016 at 9:09 PM, Byte-Me said:

Save your money they don't work, Ray Buds leak. Still have them on mine, best bet is to install rubber plugs in the deck drain hole's.

I've had rabuds on for a year without a drop of water entering the boat. It was my first mod after purchase. Maybe you have a defective unit? But I've not heard of them failing before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, Ghostman said:

I've had rabuds on for a year without a drop of water entering the boat. It was my first mod after purchase. Maybe you have a defective unit? But I've not heard of them failing before.

Two years here and no leaks.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post, but I have a 2006 and I always have wet feet.   During the summer it is not bad as it keeps the deck cool, but.    They have (2) sizes 1" and 3" which size does everyone use?   Also do you leave the SS thru hull in place and go over the thru hull or do you remove the thru hull?

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2016 at 0:02 AM, JerryM said:

I know this is an old post, but I have a 2006 and I always have wet feet.   During the summer it is not bad as it keeps the deck cool, but.    They have (2) sizes 1" and 3" which size does everyone use?   Also do you leave the SS thru hull in place and go over the thru hull or do you remove the thru hull?

I would also love to know the answer. I have a 06 22' te, and was going to have a set installed while the boat was getting a few things done. They said they weren't sure about drilling a hole in the stainless steel on the original thru hull. They were worried about not being able to replace the original thru hull if they damaged them. Thanks for any help

17 hours ago, JerryM said:

I installed the Rabuds, they are working, very little water on the deck, drilled no holes, went over the original SS outlets.   I little 3M 5200 and your done.   Easy to do.   

Thanks Jerry, which ones did you get, 3"? Was there an adapter involved? I really appreciate the help

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived