Spring tourney moves to Ft. Pierce?

tiedye

My friends at White's have told me that they will be co-sponsoring our area fly tourney on April 20 (since Eric's Backcountry is no longer open). It sounded like they have some great ideas for an informal, ecomonical, fun one-day tournament. I'd encourage all to attend. More to come.

We used to have some great OTs in Ft. Pierce. In fact, I met almost all of my very best MHP friends at my first event. It was a great family event that saw a member (unnamed) stick his tongue in a veteren LEO's ear, and where a certain famous lady angler set a junior permit world record. In the end, the owners stepped in when MBC was too busy (legitimately, it was the worst time of year for them in an economic downturn) and ran the last official one. The kids all walked away with armloads of stuff, and everyone won something from the raffle. All due to owners who reached deep in pockets and effort to make sure fun was had by all. Food was great - great times all around. Not enough brownies though - CLINT.

Just gather some owners - it can all work out from there.

Yep, the OT's are always instant cl***ics!

I happen to know that some owners will be attending this fly tourney, but they're keeping it on the down-low. :o ***uming that Charlie will pipe up at some point, but I know they're busy with boat show season.

Look forward to seeing all that are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scott, There is information on the tournament on the White's Tackle facebook page or just call them. The captain's meeting in the afternoon before at the Ft Pierce White's and the after-bar b que is at White's also. Should be fun and hope to see you there.

Mark

Archived