Security Cameras - DIY or get a Pro

rubble

I need to install a camera system at my house and office. I can run all of the wiring myself and probably make all the connections. I have pre-run conduit and wire on another commercial property we have and had the pro come in with the cameras and dvr to make connects and setup. The cameras are decent and system is okay. I get all kinds of mail about security systems now and the Swann systems don’t look too bad and are affordable. I’ve also heard that the Costco and Sams  options are decent. 

Any experience and/or recommendations here?

Rubble, I bought a Swann system and love it. Hd cameras at 1080 are great. I got one that came with 4 cameras and ever but will accept up to 8 cameras. I can access it with my phone as long as I have 4g or a Wi-Fi connection. Easy setup and running the wires wasn't to bad.  

Matt

I have an 8 camera Samsung system from SAMs, similar to this except mine only had 8 cameras .  Setup is pretty easy once everything is installed.  Running the wires and mounting the cameras isn't hard, but it *** dealing with an attic in FL.  Using a fish tape and having a helper makes it much easier and can be done in a couple hours. 

Archived