Stand up livewell, plumbing, mounting etc..

ASB

Has Anyone removed their leaning post and installed a stand up livewell? 

I have a 2004 22te and was wondering how to mount it, run the drains( new thru hull drain?) etc. any info on experience would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Never done that, but seems like a fun project. The first thing I would do is, decide on live-well size (gallons), then put an equivalent sized container in the boat and see if you take on water through the deck scuppers. If that works out, then try to find a place under the deck for the drain. That will be the biggest challenge because the drain will have to be 1 1/2". The gas tank is in there somewhere, so you have to work around that.  

https://www.baitwells.com/p-22/kodiak-ka-26-bait-tank-ka-26  this tank comes with a mounting kit to attach to the deck.

There is some factory installed reinforcement in the floor, designed to mount the leaning post to. So, as long as you don't penetrate way beyond that reinforcement, you should be ok. Is there a hatch or pie hole in the console that will give you access to see what is in that area?

I installed a livewell in an older boat years ago. One big thing to look into is if you can adjust the volume. I had a drain half way up and a drain at the top. It was nice to have the ability to use it half full to cut down on weight. They had one on their website similar to mine. I would recommend the lower longer one if it would fit.

Archived