Minn Kota Riptide Ulterra Bow Mount

Island Style

On 6/12/2018 at 7:43 AM, Island Style said:

just checking as they have been out for awhile have all the bugs been worked out? any real world experience on these? I am looking to upgrade and will be using the 24 v 80lb thrust to push a 21Ft Maverick.  Thanks JD

Comes up often....run a search and you will see the lovers, haters and in tweeners. They are on gen 3 and they have improved with each gen.

Yep. Just picked mine up Wed for same.  They have improved the seals on the trim motor and no probs since, is my understanding.  They certainly look more robust.  My repair center says the Ulterra has been a pretty solid unit.

Jp

You will be amazed at what it will do to help overall fishing and boating experience.  To be able to just hit spot lock and fight a fish or do insert/remove something from a hatch.  And do so in a heavy wind or current and it hold you right where you want to be...  Priceless.  

One thing I haven't quite figured out yet.  On the heading lock or Auto Pilot function where you press the button that has the N and arrow, when you press the button, does it lock in on the heading of the TM or the keel line of the boat?   I've used several times and I'm constantly adjusting the direction.  It doesn't always just track right where I pressed lock.  Not a big deal but wondering which heading it locks in on?   Then once locked in, when you turn the motor just a little to the left, are you then locked in on that direction or will it move to left then head back to your original heading?

Archived