live well

algi

So who gets water in bilge when the live well is in use.?

i checked everywhere no leaks.

new pump,new plumbing nothing leaks but i get water

got me puzzled. when gulf is flat not too much water. when snotty out  more than usual water. 

bilge never needed

Thanks  where to from here? New boat maybe  lol

99.99% certain it is probably leaking over the livewell tub where it comes in contact with the bottom side of the deck.   You will need to run a bead of something (silicone caulk, 4200, 5200, or a  Boat Life caulk) to reseal it.   

On 6/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, algi said:

So who gets water in bilge when the live well is in use.?

i checked everywhere no leaks.

new pump,new plumbing nothing leaks but i get water

got me puzzled. when gulf is flat not too much water. when snotty out  more than usual water. 

bilge never needed

Thanks  where to from here? New boat maybe  lol

Q1: How much ?  GALLONS AND GALLONS OR JUST A BIT

Q2:  overfill the well to the top where it's over filling on the trailer....take it for a run around the hood and stop and start a few times quickly...if it has any leaks, it should come over the leaking area....

Q3: most likely as mentioned below...you need silicone around the top....BTW, you can use anytype of silicone as it's only a seal and not water pressure or holding water... I had to use 2 large tubes of silicone on my 05 Pathfinder....

Q4: you can also just leave the live well open and run the pumps for 1/2 hr and see if you are still getting water...this way you will know it's coming from the pumps or a leak in a hose....BTW, it only takes a small pin hole to fill up a lot of water when the pump is running at 500 gph.

BTW, what year ?

dc

2004 master angler

no not more than maybe a gallon +- after about 4 hrs of fishing even not running pump so maybe it is the top

bilge never goes on

more so in rough water

new pump  no leak

doesnt look like hoses r leaking

i ran a hose where it meets deck  didnt see anything

i will try that again

thanks for the reply

I get the same thing in my boat, and I don't think I have any leaks either. If its not leaking over the top, and its not the drain fitting, or hose, this is my thought.

Its the bilge pump outlet. The extra weight of the livewell full and people walking to the back corner, lets the bilge outlet go below the water level. When it goes under, water can flow in from the bilge pump hose, if it doesn't have a big loop in it much higher than the water level. 

5 hours ago, hurricane said:

The extra weight of the livewell full and people walking to the back corner, lets the bilge outlet go below the water level. When it goes under, water can flow in from the bilge pump hose, if it doesn't have a big loop in it much higher than the water level. 

Yes, with just a little water..probably that issue....I had this on my boat as well.....it also happens when launching and you don't even realize it......if you have a hard steep launch.

dC

1 hour ago, hurricane said:

the live well overflow spills right out onto the access plate.  

when I have the tallest standpipe in mine does this. bilge fills up and bilge pump comes on frequently.

I do not see how to seal the hatch access any better so I just deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived