New Redfisher 18 / Introduction

soflah3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

The 4 blade 18" pitch prop did the trick. Hole shot is much improved. I can get up on plane in a couple boat lengths. Top end dropped from 48 to 43 but that's ok. Boat handles like a dream, stays hooked up on sharp turns and on plane at lower speeds. 

Hope you're still having fun in NC

Glenn

11 hours ago, GlennF said:

Hi Tom,

The 4 blade 18" pitch prop did the trick. Hole shot is much improved. I can get up on plane in a couple boat lengths. Top end dropped from 48 to 43 but that's ok. Boat handles like a dream, stays hooked up on sharp turns and on plane at lower speeds. 

Hope you're still having fun in NC

Glenn

Thank you for the information Glenn! That sounds like a good trade off to me. I will be looking into this!

Back home this week. Getting things inline with work and then I will start on the prop project and back to fishing.

Tom

• 3 months later...

Hi Tom,

Hope all is well with you and your rig. We ended up going with the Rhodan version of the ipilot trolling motor.

Just returned home from Islamorada, while we were there we had a chance to run back to Flamingo. Boat made the long run like champ. It was a bit windy and crossing some of that open water makes me really apprechiate the larger heavier Hewes vs a Maverick. Yet it still carved through Tin Can Channel as nimble as a smaller boat.

Hope you are gettng good use from yours.   

Glenn

IMG_4587.JPG

Thanks for the update Glenn! Sounds like a great trip! I can not wait to get my Refishers into those waters! Hopefully in the next couple months.

i can not be happier with my Redfisher! I fished 4 days this past week alone! I surpassed 60 flawless hours on the engine. With both live wells full of bait and water the 115 SHO can get taxed but for the most part I am very happy with the performance and I don’t think my fuel bill has exceeded $50 a month. That’s a nice bonus coming out of a offshore center console. 

I didnt see see your post here until after I asked about your Rhodan on your other thread. Look forward to hearing about it. 

Archived