Gotta Have Rod Holders For DA Chunk'n

Wanaflatsfish

I found these on Amazon for $55 a piece and using my prime account they arrived in a couple of days....no trips to Bass Pro or other places where I go for one thing and end up leaving with $$$ of stuff :)

Capt DonH and I chunk whenever we get to a point or when we are eating lunch....I needed some rod holders on the bow on each side of the skiff, but, didn't want to drill into the top deck.

When I designed the front step up bar, I had this in mind....they are inside the "U" and set so they are high and low, you can fish on each side of the boat or just use as a bow rod holder when moving about.

I had never heard of the make of the holder...but, it's variable in diameter size with inserts and appears to be of nice quality....not a Lees' or "Ralph @ AIM"   but, should do what it's designed for.

IMG_8058.thumb.jpg.ad260b849e6487e0aa2f2611ffebf88f.jpgIMG_8059.thumb.jpg.94a568891ac80fa809edbd02f2cbdcaf.jpgIMG_8060.thumb.jpg.cb9f43caabd57332b91edb05dfa3f2ab.jpg

Nice. Chunk a Rama!!

My Choko neighbors and I are going to have a Friendly Chunkin Tourney next weekend. Longest overall redfish, snook or tarpon wins unless someone catches a larger number of catfish than the length of the biggest fish. Should be fun! 

Don't tell me that you store that classic MA outdoors with no cover! :( 

Archived