More opinions requested- scuba tanks, big fish

Surfish

Had my 23 HPS for less than a year and have some questions for the more experienced. First, looking for some thoughts on how best to secure scuba tanks on the boat. On my previous boat (not a Pathfinder), I used the Roll Control system and it worked pretty well but I had a transom bracket which made for a great combination. Ive been thinking about the same product for my 23, but am skeptical on where I would mount it, not wanting to put any screws into the livewell area, and seeing problems with mounting anywhere along the gunnels. Any ideas, permanent or temporary, would be appreciated.

Second, had the good luck to catch a 65 lb cobia last weekend fishing from my friends 25 ft Sea Hunt. It has a nice big fishbox and easily handled the approximate 48 inch long fish. Made me wonder what I would do with the fish had I caught it from my boat. I have a cooler under the seat which can handle up to a 30 inch or slightly larger fish, but that's about it. Wondering whether anyone routinely uses one of the rod lockers as a fish box, though I shudder to think about the fish scales and blood fouling up that nice storage area. Any suggestions?

Fish bag, I carry one in my Maverick when I think I'll need it, easy to store if you don't works just as well.

I'm not sure what calit's called, but I have a tank holder that nb is basically 4 pieces of PVC that lay parallel to one a other and as re attaches at each end with a cable that runs through them. Lays flat on the floor and keeps the tmtabks from rolling around. If I just take one tank, I leave it hooked in my bc yo keep from rolling.

Nothing wrong with using a compartment as a fish box, just clean it after. Done it on my Hewes and Pathfinder and not like they stunk or anything. The port rear hatch on both were actually pretty well insulated I assume from the foam used to join the cap to hull 

Lets see that Cobia!

Just to follow up on the fish bag, you will find out the most important factor is the zipper. Make sure it has a good zipper and its beneficial to have straps and/or velcro to help keep the zipper closed. When I YT, I pack it full of chum, so its bulging, replace chum with fish as I catch them. I bought an Engel fish bag, it's about the best one I found, has a stout zipper, straps and velcro to assist in keeping it closed. The original one they sent me had a defect, called them as soon as I got it and they had a new one in the mail. Great bag and great customer service.

• 3 months later...

Archived