18 HPX diff, frt. hatch locations

dabear

Does anyone know what year Maverick changed the location of the front compartment opening ?

Was anything else changed other than the opening like fuel tank location ?   The top picture is a 2010 compartment opening .

Seems like the front compartment door has been moved forward about ten inches and maybe the fuel filler location . 

The lower picture is a 2016 HPX 18 notice the location of the compartment door is further forward . I have heard that the two 

design ride and perform a little different from one another.   Has anyone asked why they made this change and owned both designs ?

1E733F41-416F-49AA-9823-A53570C777D3.jpeg

F7D28FE0-335F-4169-9E92-8633D5F4C653.jpeg

Looks like the hatch may be shorter (front-to-back) on the new one. Maybe since they started using the taller gas tank instead of the shorter tank like our boats. It's the only thing I can think of.  Wonder if you could get to the top of the tank to work on the sending unit, replace fuel lines or throw away the anti-siphon valve?

The 2014 and 2010 front deck compartment area does look the same with the compartment closed but when you open up the compartment you see the 2010 has a special ordered larger 35 gallon tank which sits lower inside the front storage area, you see a different floor ,you see a added battery storage area in the 2014 , you see the 2010 has clear carbon Kevlar and the 2014 has a coat of gel coat over the different floor , and the compartment opening in the newer 2015 has been moved forward . These 18 HPX ‘s all appeared to be the same boat until you slow down and look close than you start seeing a lot of small changes . I have been told that the two different forward decks compartment location designs do change the ride and performance between the two . Has anyone owned or rode in the two enough to notice how they both perform  ?  Did it change ride,speed,balance between the two different deck designs ?  Joe R

ABCD07F8-5AD1-4CF8-9387-2FE1F60EF2A2.jpeg

I've also wondered and maybe someone with a newer 18 could tell me... does the newer design have the half-bulkhead running side-to-side up front? It almost looks like a flat floor from the tank, all the way to the inner tip of the bow with the way guys have batteries mounted in the newer 18s. 

If anyone has a pic of the forward inside compartment, looking all the way forward, it would be appreciated  

Archived