God destined the earth and everything it contains for all peoples and nations. A few weeks ago at my Church (Calvary Chapel), Pastor Andrew Wooddell (Worship Ministry Leader) presented a topical message about the heart and purpose behind worship, what true Biblical worship looks like, and what our response should be to His revelation. Our closing worship song that day was "So Will I", a song written by Joel Houston, Benjamin Hastings and Michael Fatkin and recorded by Hillsong United among others. This message and the lyrics to the song have been on my mind in my prayers since that Sunday. The song glorifies God as Creator who "spoke to the dark and fleshed out the wonder of light", who created the stars and galaxies with the "vapor of Your breath". The writers suggest that if the stars were made to worship, if creation sings Your praises, if every painted sky obeys You, if the mountains bow in reverence, if the oceans roar Your greatness, if the wind goes where You send it, if the rocks cry out in silence, then "So Will I". Like the song says, I find God's heart in everything He has done, but especially in the beauty of nature and his creation. 

I am so blessed to be able to explore, camp and fish on the waters all over the state of Florida. I've seen some amazingly beautiful places and things in the course of my journeys and I am so thankful. So, I created this little slide show to honor God and to bring awareness to the ecological disaster that has hit our state. The creation belongs to humanity as a whole. Yet the current pace of environmental degradation is seriously endangering the supply of many natural resources, not only for the present generation but more important for generations yet to come. The situation in South Florida has become particularly acute. Florida's estuaries are at tremendous risk. The cyanobacteria blooms discharged from Lake Okeechobee into the Caloosahatchee and St. Lucie Rivers have created significant health risks for all of us here in South Florida as well as our visitors, pets and wildlife. Thousands of acres of grass flats have been destroyed. Millions of fish and other aquatic life have been poisoned. Voters in 2014 voted overwhelmingly (more than 75%) to set aside one-third of all real estate transaction fees to purchase and manage conservation lands. The initiative should generate nearly $800 million annually over a 20-year period. But, the money is being wasted by our elected officials who have instead spent the money on existing operating expenses. This violates the spirit of the voters' mandate. A major goal is to build reservoirs to capture some Lake O water instead of releasing it to the coastal estuaries. There, the nutrient rich water could be cleaned over time and the natural sheet flow southward to Florida Bay could be restored bringing much needed clean, fresh water to the Everglades, the South Florida aquifer and Florida Bay. One solution is waiting on Congress for a vote--the EAA Reservoir and the Central Everglades Project will provide approximately 50% reduction in Lake O discharges. We need action now! Do what you can to support the organizations that are advocating sound water management policy for our state's waters. Support candidates who are in favor of this legislation. And pray. Without ceasing.

Great vid! 

We all need to band together as a state to address the issues at hand. There is no time for more political squabbling & pocket greasing. The basic actions that must be taken to move forward are obvious. All of us must give at least a little to make this work. A unified front is what I pray for! 🙏🏻 

Big Dave, amen brother, the Lord has charged us as stewards of His creation. There are those that are directly responsible but we all share a degree of blame in Florida. It's time we all demand and aide Federal, State and Local Government and begin fixing this issue now!

Anyone that has fished with Dave knows his dedication to the environment....he is a true steward and a gentleman to be around.........a small sign of that was when I took him fishing in my skiff a while back.....he brings his own re-usable water bottles to be sure nothing is returned back to the environment....

BTW Dave...I used them on the last trip with DonH.....

DC

Archived