Hatch Seals

I am not sure they came OEM on the 18s in the 90s. Mine doesn't have them either and she has been "in the family" since new and they have never been on her. If you figure it out and add them post up what size and style worked. I am for anything that keeps my dry storage somewhat dryer...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just did my 21 MA.

Product #1120A122 from McMaster-Carr. Weather-Resistant Vinyl Edge-Grip with EPDM Seal, 7/16" Diameter Bulb on Top, Fits 1/16" Edge. I ordered 100ft to get the discount and used about 70ft. Install tip: run something about as wide as your cutoff "key" down the cut in the vinyl to save your thumbs when installing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just did my 21 MA.

Product #1120A122 from McMaster-Carr. Weather-Resistant Vinyl Edge-Grip with EPDM Seal, 7/16" Diameter Bulb on Top, Fits 1/16" Edge. I ordered 100ft to get the discount and used about 70ft. Install tip: run something about as wide as your cutoff "key" down the cut in the vinyl to save your thumbs when installing.

these just arrived. you guys read my mind... been wanting to do this

Let me know how the seal fits. I wanted to order some myself, but wanted to verify size.

Question for you Mitz since we have the same boat. On the front and back storage, does the hatch edge with hinge drag over the seal as you close the hatch? It does on mine and I was kinda thinking about trimming the hatch so it doesn't happen.

does the hatch edge with hinge drag over the seal as you close the hatch? It does on mine and I was kinda thinking about trimming the hatch so it doesn't happen.

im having trouble picturing what you mean. can you post a pic? The rubber seal is same diameter as old one but havent double checked the hard plastic diameter yet. will update when i attach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry it's been so long... i finally got around to installing the new seals and they matched the old seal size perfectly. also, yes my front hatch does slightly rub the seal but doesn't appear to be as much as yours.

Archived