How are you cleaning up wiring 1997 Bayfisher

Dale Nelson

The acccess is typically horrible for flats boats cause the consoles are small  the rear bulkhead doesn’t even allow you to lay on your back. You have to pick a side, and everytime you need to change sides, we’ll we alll know...

It almost warrants a move up to a Pathfinder for this reason alone. Even if it doesn’t for your fishing style ha.  I could lay out flat under leaning post or even get in the console. Once I got in, I could sit upright in there and do work. Then all I needed was someone to pass me tools and beer  

10 hours ago, justfish said:

The acccess is typically horrible for flats boats cause the consoles are small  the rear bulkhead doesn’t even allow you to lay on your back. You have to pick a side, and everytime you need to change sides, we’ll we alll know...

It almost warrants a move up to a Pathfinder for this reason alone. Even if it doesn’t for your fishing style ha.  I could lay out flat under leaning post or even get in the console. Once I got in, I could sit upright in there and do work. Then all I needed was someone to pass me tools and beer  

Don't forget the straw! Hardly enough room to tilt the can up even in a Pathfinder console. Disclaimer....if you live in CA please forgive me for advising the use of a straw!

Ever hear the story of the guy who got stuck in the front hatch of his pathfinder? I was looking to get my trolling motor wires from the console forward. Stuck my head in and thought if I put my shoulders in I could have a good look around. Well I did then realized ther was no way to push myself up and out of the anchor locker. Thankfully my 9 year old was with me and called family for help.. my brother in law had to get my legs up and lift me straight up and out. Yes it gets brought up a few times a year for a laugh. 

18 hours ago, justfish said:

I have worked on my buddies Pathfinder a handful of times and yes it’s nice to almost sit up and tiewrap things up and keep everything neat.

20 hours ago, justfish said:

Hey Justfish,

I plan on replacing the hummingbird on the Pathfinder this weekend. Do you think you could take a ride north ? I could use a demonstration on how to fit inside the console. I’d be more than happy to pass you all the beer you need. 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:00 PM, CorkDork said:

Hey Justfish,

I plan on replacing the hummingbird on the Pathfinder this weekend. Do you think you could take a ride north ? I could use a demonstration on how to fit inside the console. I’d be more than happy to pass you all the beer you need. 

Haha I spent ALOT of time under that console...that’s your console to get it now. You can do it!

• 1 month later...

Archived