Smith optics warranty

mulligan

Just though I would share my experience with a warranty claim on a pair of Smiths I have.  

I have had a pair of Smith glasses for a few years after getting fed up with brand X falling apart.  About 2 years of everyday hard use my Smiths starting getting small scratch like marks  on the lens that did not look like normal scratches.  I took a picture and sent an email to them to ask if they would be covered under their warranty.  That same day I got a response back saying that they would have to see the glasses to determine if it was covered or not which is what I was expecting.  There is no fee to have the glasses looked at like some of the other companies so all it cost me was a few bucks in shipping.  So off the glasses went.  Going by the tracking number my glasses were to be there by the end of the day on a Tuesday and  when I woke up Wednesday, 3:30AM, I had an email saying they had received them and they were indeed covered. I was not expecting to hear from them so fast nor really expecting them to be covered since they looked like scratches.  I have sent pairs of brand X back that had clear defects and was told it was my fault they were like that and be out $$ for shipping and inspection.  I even sent a second email to ask about their new Chromapop glass lens as I had to pick new glasses out as they do not make the ones I sent in and got an answer within hours.

I can say I have been pleased with their glass and very pleased with their service. 

I just switched to Smith's about a month ago for the same reasons pertaining to brand 'X'. I love how lightweight they are and the Chromapop + lenses are pretty amazing. In a side by side with my buddy wearing brand 'X', I see fish that he can't. Thank you for sharing your warranty experience!

On 10/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, mulligan said:

Just though I would share my experience with a warranty claim on a pair of Smiths I have.  

I have had a pair of Smith glasses for a few years after getting fed up with brand X falling apart.  About 2 years of everyday hard use my Smiths starting getting small scratch like marks  on the lens that did not look like normal scratches.  I took a picture and sent an email to them to ask if they would be covered under their warranty.  That same day I got a response back saying that they would have to see the glasses to determine if it was covered or not which is what I was expecting.  There is no fee to have the glasses looked at like some of the other companies so all it cost me was a few bucks in shipping.  So off the glasses went.  Going by the tracking number my glasses were to be there by the end of the day on a Tuesday and  when I woke up Wednesday, 3:30AM, I had an email saying they had received them and they were indeed covered. I was not expecting to hear from them so fast nor really expecting them to be covered since they looked like scratches.  I have sent pairs of brand X back that had clear defects and was told it was my fault they were like that and be out $$ for shipping and inspection.  I even sent a second email to ask about their new Chromapop glass lens as I had to pick new glasses out as they do not make the ones I sent in and got an answer within hours.

I can say I have been pleased with their glass and very pleased with their service. 

It is always great to hear about a place that has outstanding customer service , Smith glasses , Power Pole , Family Boating Center ,and Sweat Water Music are four company’s that I have heard or have experienced great customer service with. It’s always great to hear about good things that are happening in today’s world . 

I have two pairs of Smith chromapop, I too switch due to brand X. I finally complained so much to brand x they sent me all new glasses, still cost me way too much money. Love my Smith's,  wont ever buy brand x again but will continue to pester them everytime their Chinese pos fall apart. 

The best warranty is the one you don't have to use.  I don't know if brand x is costa del mar.  But I've used their customer service alot and it has always been exceptional!!!!!  I own 2 smiths and have never had to use theirs.  I prefer the costa lenses  so I guess i'll keep using their customer service  lol

I like my Costa's as well, I just made the unfortunate mistake of buying Blackfins with the rubber on the frame and arms. Seemed like after a year or so of daily use it all starts coming apart. They are back ups now, my Smiths are much more bright, to my eyes anyway. My wife on the other hand could wreck an anvil in a sandbox so she regularly utilizes the Costa repair facility, I'm pretty sure they are losing money on her... well until a pair goes in the water anyway. 

Archived