1974 Hewes Marlin

Coltonlg

Hey guys, new to the form here, but I recently aquired a Hewe's boat, according to the title it says it's a 21 Marlin. I haven't been able to find any information on this boat or any similar other than another post on here about a 1969 Tarpon. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on this vessel. Only have one pic, will take more when I go back to the shop.

Snapchat-961040273.jpg

20181024_132731.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey NavYak, 

Thanks for the pics! I've seen your boat on other forms. I still haven't found any information, and I even contacted hewes and have personal connections to the family. It's like these boats never existed! I've started tearing everything down and getting ready to overhaul the topside and deck. Would you happen to have any other pictures of the cabin, inside and out? The previous owner cut the top off and I'm looking for a good example of how to rebuild if I choose to.

20190206_182926.jpg

20190206_182905.jpg

20190207_181700.jpg

I don't have any other pictures right now. I have been busy doing contract work away from my home area. We recently have moved to Pensacola Florida and just got the boat here. It is covered right now but i should be able to start work on it soon. I have to redu the transom and update the boat. As soon as i get a chance i will take a few more pics of the bow to show you. I would like to see how you progress also. I am contemplating doing a full renovation of the boat.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a good option. I am thinking of a Bowrider conversion. I am in the process of cleaning out the boat. It was uncovered for about 6 months in the Ga. mountains. They had a storm and it ripped up the cover. Now i have the right side of the windshield frame broken along with the plexiglass window. So i was trying to get it ready for a few sea trials but now i believe that I should just start taking it apart.

The more I look at those pics I think that would make one cool center console. It would be like the Hewes bay boat that never was. I could see that all slick and fresh painted with hewes decals on the side. Gunnels lined with rod holders. Big bait well nice pathfinder style leaning post big coolers ... cool boats 

• Like 1

It is a great inshore fishing boat. It was my father in laws boat and was used a lot on the gulf coast of florida. I like this boat. I just wish the cuddy was big enough for an adult to lay down in, but it is a good storage area.

Yes this boat is 2 lapstrakes taller than the flats boats it also has a 12 degree modified V hull

Loving all the support, when you look into making it a bow rider make sure you add plenty of supports for the dual consoles. That was how mine was set up and the gunnals had a lot of flex. Next step for my build is building a good size center console without compromising deck space. Kicker is that placement of the center console is, unfortunately, right over the storage box in the middle of the deck.

53 minutes ago, Coltonlg said:

Loving all the support, when you look into making it a bow rider make sure you add plenty of supports for the dual consoles. That was how mine was set up and the gunnals had a lot of flex. Next step for my build is building a good size center console without compromising deck space. Kicker is that placement of the center console is, unfortunately, right over the storage box in the middle of the deck.

Storage in the floor below the possible center console.. that boat just keeps on giving!!!!! 

• 9 months later...