Prop question....

BlazerAL

Not to bash... stiletto are probably the lowest end of stainless props so even though it will run you could get better performance from other brands.

second usually switching from 3 to 4 blades you need to go down in pitch. I would think you would need 17 or even 15 for a f 150 to make the rpm’s. There are plenty of guys on here that run 4 blades could probably help with exact pitch numbers they have.

I run a 3 blade mercury enertia 19 pitch on a 200 sho on my 2200 trs. Good lift and good speed 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, HoneyB said:

Not to bash... stiletto are probably the lowest end of stainless props so even though it will run you could get better performance from other brands.

second usually switching from 3 to 4 blades you need to go down in pitch. I would think you would need 17 or even 15 for a f 150 to make the rpm’s. There are plenty of guys on here that run 4 blades could probably help with exact pitch numbers they have.

I run a 3 blade mercury enertia 19 pitch on a 200 sho on my 2200 trs. Good lift and good speed 

How do you like the Enertia? What else have you run Merc. wise before you went with this prop? I have a line on one, but am hesitant. I'm currently running a Bravo 1 FS in 22p.

Sorry to jump in with no real advise, OP. The OFX4 is a great prop, I do know that!

I love the enertia when compared to the prop that came on my boat. The prop that was on the boat when I bought it would not get the boat out of the water. The spray on plane was even with the console. The prop I have now gets the boat up and it runs nice with top speed I have see is 52 and I have a t top. I ran a tempest plus as well. That was going to be the prop I kept but the prop had been worked and was cut thin on the edges. I bumped a stick (not s log) and bent the edge. If I were going to buy a prop it would probably be the tempest plus. But the one I have performs so well I have not bothered to get a tempest plus in 19 pitch. 

Archived