Yamaha outboard parts

mulligan

It is time for my yearly service, fuel filter, plugs, impeller, ect.  I usually get the parts locally but as my motor gets older I am finding they do not always stock everything so I end up waiting for parts to come to the dealer or running all over town getting them.  Where is a good source for getting them Online? SIM yamaha?   Thanks

I like SIMS.  Their website is easy to use, their prices are good, they ship quickly and Andy is very helpful.

I will sometimes email Andy and ask him for a list of parts that will be required to do a particular job.  He always responds quickly with all the part numbers required.

Boats.net is also a good source for outboard parts, their website is easy to use but they tend ship a little slower than SIMS.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  Ordered parts from SIM.  They had the best prices for what I needed and were quick to respond to a rigging part I had a question on.  PartsVu looked great for you guys with 4s motors with the maintenance kits they have.  I should have my stuff next week and then an afternoon for my yearly maintenance.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, mulligan said:

I usually get the parts locally but as my motor gets older I am finding they do not always stock everything so I end up waiting for parts to come to the dealer or running all over town getting them.

Glad you found your parts...I have used on-line parts stores when in an emergency; however, I find that by buying locally from my 5 Start Yamadog dealer, I get lots of tips and tricks...most if not all of the time, they have what I need within a few days...as they will order from a sister store or from Yamaha OEM.  For maintenance I know I"m going to do it, so, calling the Boat Center a week or so prior, is all I need to do....just another alternative thought.

dc

Archived