2006 Pathfinder 22 Tournament vs 2017 Pathfinder 22 Tournament

Drtaylor17

I’m currently fishing with my buddy who has a 2006 Pathfinder 22 Tournament with 2017 Yamaha 200 SHO on the back. Excellent all around boat! Rides great and goes very shallow when it needs too. I’m currently looking at purchasing a 2017 22 tournament with a 200 SHO on it. I heard they have built the back end of the boats up and just wondering if it has had any effect on the ride and performance of the boat. Was also told some people had trouble with the  newer model boats porpoising. All of this is hear say so any insight or opinions on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 

I have a 2014, one of the first with the new top cap configuration.  They also went to the TRS hull at that point because the existing TE mold was wearing out. The boat is 100% solid and rides great. It is heavier than older TEs and not as quick with the same power. Fit and finish was head and shoulders above our 2008 PF 20. We never had a porpoise issue but did go through a bunch of props before we settled on a rev 4. Good luck with your purchase.

Archived