Redfisher 16 - Garage Storage Length/Width/Height

Flats Nerd

Hello Everyone,

I recently sold my 2003 17' Master Angler and moved to Northeast Florida. (yes kicking myself as that ride was great for my new location and fully equipped). But let's move past that, after looking at how I interacted with my MA, there were some factors which the 16 RedFisher accommodates for me better. With that being said,  my questions in this post revolve around the Dimensions of the Hewes RedFisher 16. 

Note: I will be storing this boat in my garage as well. 

Keep me honest, I have been looking around regarding the dimensions of what to expect with the boat on a trailer. But before I get a Dealer involved, I wanted to run some rough numbers and see if that will work for me. If this thread does not pan out, I will reach out to the local Dealer here and obtain the measurements myself and update the thread with those. But I am sure this will be helpful for those anglers who are looking for a skiff to store it in their garages. This way the thread will be out there for those with similar interests.

RedFisher 16'

Length

LOA =  16' 5"

Engine = adds 2.5 feet in the stern -  (Jackplate recomended?) (looking at equipping it with the F90 unless suggest otherwise)

Trailer =  usually adds 2 feet added on Bow

Looking to take advantage of a swing tongue. What is the standard recouped distance on the Standard Hewes Trailer? (1- 2ft?)

Total Length~ 20 - 21.5?

Width - 

Beam -  7' 2"  -  tacking on 1 ft for trailer post lights and wheel fender cover-

(Able to say 8.5 -9 ?)

Height - 

Not sure how high it stands (including the factory Poling is 34" ). Also plan on incorporating a Power Pole( will be able to lower and extend to fit). Not exactly sure what to expect with Height. 

Thanks ahead of time for anyone able to help with this.

-FN

50 minutes ago, Flats Nerd said:

Engine = adds 2.5 feet in the stern -  (Jackplate recomended?) (looking at equipping it with the F90 unless suggest otherwise)

Trailer =  usually adds 2 feet added on Bow

Looking to take advantage of a swing tongue. What is the standard recouped distance on the Standard Hewes Trailer? (1- 2ft?)

Total Length~ 20 - 21.5?

Ours is a RF18, but I got curious and measured. The #'s at each end will still be useful to you in spite of differences in boat length.

Actual boat length of the RF18 is more like 18'10".  Trailer in front of the bow on ours is 44"  The Atlas jack plate sets the motor (Yami 115 VMax SHO) back 6", and the motor sits back from the jack plate around 26" for a total right at 32".  Overall length of our RF18 on the trailer is 26'.  Subtract a couple of feet for your RF16 and you're back to 24', maybe more like 23' if it's a true 16' long, and 22.5' without the jack plate.

Appreciate the responsiveness everyone. This was well beyond what I expected! You all saved me a few hours and car rides to the dealer. 

If I can also ask for the beam from tire to tire. That would be awesome.

@lurem If you could, the more measurements the better.  Does yours have a Swing Tongue?  I see Linesiders did not along with no jack plate..Thanks!

So depending on what RF/Trailer is equipped with we may be talking give or take a few inches ( Jack plate, Swing Tongue)

@linesider 159 19'3" would be what to expect if swing tongue is incorporated?

total length from the front of the trailer to the cavitation plate on the engine was 21' 6" with the engine trimmed in.  I do not have a swing tongue. I think my trailer is a continental model 1630 maybe?

total width from the outer lip of each fender was 8' 6". My guide posts are located just inside the fenders and are lower in total height than the poling platform. My 6' power pole is lower than my poling platform as well.

total height of the poling platform from the ground up was 6' 4" with 14" tires (not sure if the tire size makes a difference)

• 2 months later...

Flats Nerd, Atlantic Coast Marine has a brand new, never sold 2017, 16’ on the lot with a fresh 115. I was talking to Brett Cannon last Saturday, and he simply forgot about it for a year or so. He’s ready to move it. I’ll be there Sat. to pick up my rig and if it’s still there, I can send pics. 

Archived